About me

I am a confident and pragmatic manager, with a strong belief in libraries and their learning, information, cultural and leisure roles. I have a strong background in the provision of library service and development. I am experienced at managing change, developing policy into practice and responding to client requirements. I have a strong background in Information Communication Technology (ICT)

As a manager working with both the public and within the education sector I have had to deal with a variety of people and difficult issues. These include managing difficult staffing issues and dealing with change management. I have had to prepare monthly reports, complex budgets and present change to management and staff. I am able to work to tight deadlines and prepare quick and appropriate responses /results where necessary.

I am an experienced manager of collections and of liaising with stakeholders in collection development. I have had extensive experience in the preparation and management of large and complex budgets. I have been involved in activities such as stock profiling and supplier selection. Having worked for a variety of educational institutions and public authorities I am very aware of best practice with equal opportunities and Health and Safety and have been in many positions where I am responsible for their implementation. I have had the effective day to day control of large venues and events, and managed large public buildings.

I have a strong educational background in developing training programmes for staff, and also user education and equal opportunities training. In both my public library and education sector roles I have had to develop and deliver training and programmes to a variety of audiences. I have many years’ of management experience at a senior level. This coupled with my administrative experience leads me to understand the global and holistic needs of an institution.